|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Pound (1 Stick)|
|Water||1 Tablespoon (Or More)|
|Almond extract||2 Drop|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sliced almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Grand marnier||1 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 400F.
2) In a bowl, mix together flour with 1 tablespoon sugar.
3) Put in the butter and using 2 knives cut it until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
4) Add in the water, few drops almond extract and the vanilla until paste is formed.
5) Transfer the paste into a 9-inch tart pan (with a removable bottom) and chill for 1 hour.
6) Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, or until it turns a golden-brown.
7) Take the pan out of the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes
8) In a bowl, place together almonds, sugar, cream, salt and flavouring, allow to stand until the sugar dissolves for 20 minutes.
9) Stream the filling into the baked shell.
10) Put the pie shell back in oven and bake for 40 minutes or until the top is brown and the sugar has caramelized.
11) Remover from the oven and allow to cool.
12) Serve the tart at room temperature with a dollop if whipped cream n top.
Calories 506 Calories from Fat 293
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g51.8%
Saturated Fat 17.2 g85.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 81.7 mg27.2%
Sodium 94.8 mg4%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g15.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.2%
Sugars 28.2 g
Protein 6 g11.9%
Vitamin A 18.3% Vitamin C 0.3%
Calcium 6.5% Iron 8.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet