|Short crust pastry||6 Ounce|
|Egg/Egg - 1 and egg yolk - 1||2|
|Milk||1⁄2 Pint (Hot, not boiling)|
|Nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon, grated (little)|
1. In a 7 or 8-inch flan ring or tin, line the bottom with a rolled out short crust pastry.
2. Bake the pastry in a hot oven for 10 minutes at 425-450°F or Gas Mark 6-7.
3. In a bowl, break eggs. Beat it well.
4. Add sugar. Mix it well.
5. Pour hot milk over it. Blend it well.
6. Pour the mixture in the pastry case. Bake it for another 20 minutes in the centre of a moderate oven for 350-375°F or Gas Mark 4-5.
7. Serve Custard Tart topped with grated nutmeg.