Apricot Strawberry Tarts
|Sweet pastry dough||1⁄2 Pound|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Apricot jam/Jelly||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven.
2. Make pastry and line tart molds with it. Bake until firm.
3. To prepare cream, in a heavy-bottomed saucepan keep yolks.
4. Add 1/2 cup sugar to it and beat with wire whip.
5. Beat for 2 minutes.
6. Add flour and hot milk in a stream. Beat well.
7. Keep pan over moderate heat. Mix slowly and whip until mixture thickens.
8. Beat to even the lumps.
9. Decrease heat and cook for several minutes until thick.
10. Do not cook over high heat and stir continuously to prevent scorching cream in bottom.
11. Take off from heat.
12. Beat in butter and vanilla.
13. Cover and chill.
14. Boil jam or jelly with 2 tablespoons (228°F)sugar for several minutes to prepare glaze.
15. Keep the pan in hot water until using.
16. Spread a layer of cream about 1/2 inch deep in shells.
17. Arrange fresh, hulled strawberries, stem-ends-down in the shells.
18. Spoon the warm glaze over strawberries.
19. Serve the tarts warm or chilled.