Caramel Sand Tarts
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Pecan halves||2 1⁄2 Dozen|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Pre-heat oven to 350° F.
2. In a bowl, cream butter; gradually add brown sugar, whiz until light and fluffy.
3. Put in egg and vanilla; mix well.
4. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt; mix into creamed mixture.
5. Cover the dough with cling wrap and chill 1 to 2 hours.
6. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/8-inch thickness surface; cut into rounds with a 2 1/2-inch cookie cutter.
7. Keep the cookie shapes on greased cookie sheets.
8. Apply cookie shapes with egg white.
9. Mix sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle lightly over cookies.
10. Gently force down a pecan half in center of each.
11. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
12. Take away from oven and cool on wire racks.
13. Serve as needed.