Cornish Treacle Tart
|Fresh breadcrumbs||3 Ounce|
|Egg white||1 (For Glazing)|
|Icing sugar||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Short pastry/Rough puff / flaky pastry||6 Ounce|
1. Take a Yorkshire pudding tin or square cake tin and line with pastry. Reserve another layer for the top of the tart.
2. In a bowl mix breadcrumbs and syrup.
3. Add finely grated lemon rind and the juice.
4. Put the mixture into pastry case.
5. Keep 2nd layer of pastry above it to cover. Trim the sides and decorate.
6. Glaze with egg white.
7. Bake in hot oven depending on the type of pastry used.
8. Let it cool and cut into squares.
9. Coat with icing sugar and serve.
Calories 573 Calories from Fat 62
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.7%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 395.1 mg16.5%
Total Carbohydrates 128 g42.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.5%
Sugars 3.6 g
Protein 6 g12.2%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 37.2%
Calcium 10.9% Iron 14.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet