Strawberry Apple Tart
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Fruit sugar/Berry sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs), softened|
|Apples||3 Cup (48 tbs), peeled and sliced|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Strawberries||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Red currant jelly||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven at 350°F (180°C)
2. In bowl, stir together flour and sugar.
3. With pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in butter until mixture forms crumbly dough.
4. Onto bottom and sides of two shallow 10- x 4-inch (25 x 10 cm) aluminum pans or onto bottom of one 10-inch (3 L) springfoam pan press the dough crimping edges.
5. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes until slightly golden.
7. For the Filling:
8. Toss apples with sugar and lemon juice.
9. Arrange overlapping slices in pastry shells.
10. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes longer until apples are tender and let it cool
11. Arrange strawberries on top.
12. Warm jelly, brush over strawberries and serve.
Calories 958 Calories from Fat 411
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 47 g72%
Saturated Fat 29.1 g145.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 121 mg40.3%
Sodium 20.2 mg0.8%
Total Carbohydrates 134 g44.6%
Dietary Fiber 7.8 g31.2%
Sugars 54.4 g
Protein 8 g16%
Vitamin A 30.3% Vitamin C 105.5%
Calcium 4.8% Iron 19.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet