Flour- 1/3 cup
Salt- 1/4 teaspoons
Water- 1-1/2 cups
Lemon Juice- 1/2 cup
Egg Yolks- 3nos., beaten
Lemon Rind- 1 teaspoon, grated
Butter- 2 tablespoons
Prebaked Tart Shells- 4-3 inches each
1) In a saucepan, mix together sugar, flour and salt with water.
2) Simmer, stirring constantly, until the sugar mixture is thickened.
3) Simmer for 10 minutes more stirring until clear.
4) In a small bowl, place the yolks and beat in ½ cup of hot sugar mixture, until well blended.
5) Beat the yolks mixture into the rest of the sugar mixture .
6) Allow to simmer and stir for few more minutes.
7) Take the pan off the heat and stir in lemon juice and rind and butter.
8) Let the mixture cool for 15 minutes.
9) Spoon into the tart shell and allow to cool completely and place in refrigerator until chilled and set.
10) Serve chilled with a dollop of whipped cream.