Mincemeat and Apple Tart
|Basic shortcrust pastry dough||1 (made with 175 gram / 6 ounce flour)|
|Mincemeat||6 Ounce (175 gram)|
|Cooking apple||1 Medium, peeled, cored and grated|
|Double cream||1⁄4 Pint (150 milliliter, for finish)|
|Blanched almonds||1 Ounce, toasted and chopped (25 gram, for finish)|
1) Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F or Gas Mark 6.
2) Roll out the dough on a floured surface and line a 8 inch fluted flan ring placed on a baking sheet.
3) In a bowl, combine the mincemeat and apple together and spoon into the pastry shell.
4) Bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes, then lower the heat to 160°C/ 325°F or Gas Mark 3 and bake for another 10 minutes.
5) Allow the tart to cool and then remove the flan ring.
6) If you wish to freeze the recipe do it at this stage. Pack the frozen tart in a freezer bag, seal, label and freeze.
7) Cover the Mincemeat and Apple Tart with cream, sprinkle with the chopped almonds and serve.
8) If using the frozen dish, unwrap and thaw at room temperature for 2 hours. Serve as indicated in step 7.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2170 Calories from Fat 1409
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 158 g242.5%
Saturated Fat 32.5 g162.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 152 mg50.7%
Sodium 993.7 mg41.4%
Total Carbohydrates 131 g43.7%
Dietary Fiber 10.1 g40.3%
Sugars 16.6 g
Protein 59 g118%
Vitamin A 1.6% Vitamin C 11.2%
Calcium 9% Iron 18.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet