Mincemeat and Apple Tart
|Basic shortcrust pastry dough||1 (made with 175 gram / 6 ounce flour)|
|Mincemeat||6 Ounce (175 gram)|
|Cooking apple||1 Medium, peeled, cored and grated|
|Double cream||1⁄4 Pint (150 milliliter, for finish)|
|Blanched almonds||1 Ounce, toasted and chopped (25 gram, for finish)|
1) Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F or Gas Mark 6.
2) Roll out the dough on a floured surface and line a 8 inch fluted flan ring placed on a baking sheet.
3) In a bowl, combine the mincemeat and apple together and spoon into the pastry shell.
4) Bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes, then lower the heat to 160°C/ 325°F or Gas Mark 3 and bake for another 10 minutes.
5) Allow the tart to cool and then remove the flan ring.
6) If you wish to freeze the recipe do it at this stage. Pack the frozen tart in a freezer bag, seal, label and freeze.
7) Cover the Mincemeat and Apple Tart with cream, sprinkle with the chopped almonds and serve.
8) If using the frozen dish, unwrap and thaw at room temperature for 2 hours. Serve as indicated in step 7.