Apricot and Prune Cream Tart
|Shortcrust pastry dough||1 (basic, made with 175 g/6 oz flour)|
|Dried apricots||2 Ounce, soaked in cold water overnight, drained and chopped (50 g)|
|Prunes||2 Ounce, soaked in cold water overnight, drained, stoned and chopped (50 g)|
|Soured cream||1⁄4 Pint (150 ml)|
|Caster sugar||1 Ounce (25g)|
1) Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F or Gas Mark 6.
2) Roll out the dough on a floured surface and line a 7 inch fluted flan ring place on a baking sheet.
3) Bake the pastry crust blind in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
4) Place the apricots and prunes firmly at the bottom of the pastry shell.
5) In a bowl, beat the egg, soured cream and sugar together, mix thoroughly and pour over the apricots and prunes.
6) Bake in a preheated oven at 190°C/375°F or Gas Mark 5 for 40 minutes, or until set.
7) Then nicely place the walnuts, cool on a wire rack and remove the flan ring.
8) If you wish to freeze the recipe do it at this stage. Freeze, then place in a freezer bag, seal, label and freeze.
9) Serve the Apricot and Prune Cream Tart on a serving platter.
10) If using the frozen dish, unwrap, thaw at room temperature for 4 hours and serve as indicated in step 9.