Small Lemon Tarts
|Soft butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon rind||1⁄2 , grated (from 1/2 lemon)|
|Lemon||2 , juiced|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 275°F.
2) In a blender, place together butter, flour, sugar and salt.
3) Process the butter mixture until well blended and form into soft dough.
4) In a tray with 12 small non-stick tart tin, push down small amount of the flour mixture.
5) Pierce the base of each with a fork.
6) Bake for 20 minutes in the oven or until lightly browed.
7) In a bowl, beat the eggs for 3 minutes or until fluffy.
8) Slowly add the sugar and beat continuously.
9) Stir in the lemon juice, rind and butter.
10) In the top part of a double boiler, pour the egg mixture and beat until thick.
11) Remove from the double boiler and allow it to cool
12) Spoon the egg mixture equally in all the tart shells.
Calories 433 Calories from Fat 186
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.5%
Saturated Fat 12.8 g64.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 117.5 mg39.2%
Sodium 59.2 mg2.5%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g20%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.2%
Sugars 41.8 g
Protein 4 g8.1%
Vitamin A 13.6% Vitamin C 26.6%
Calcium 3% Iron 7.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet