|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Margarine/Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Grated lemon rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a bowl, cream together margarine or butter with sugar until fluffy.
3) Blend in the egg.
4) Sift the flour and salt together over the sugar mixture.
5) Add the extract and the rind.
6) Cover the bowl and place it in refrigerator until chill.
7) Divide the flour mixture in small balls.
8) In a tiny tart tins, place the dough balls and push down with the thumb to make it as thin as possible to cover the base.
9) Bake in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes.
10) Remove from the oven and allow it to cool.
11) To serve fill the tart with cherry preserve if desired.