Warm Pate Tart
|9 inch unbaked pie shells||2|
|Canned liver pate||28 1⁄2 Ounce (6 Cans, 4 3/4 Ounce Each)|
|Onion||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), crushed|
|Dry bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Packaged)|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Pinch (As Needed)|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon (1/4 Stick)|
|Heavy cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Ground red pepper||1 Dash|
|Parmesan cheese||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), grated|
|Dry sherry||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Prepare pie shells well in advance and refrigerate until use.
2. Keep a small bowl and large bowl ready; separate 1 egg and place white in small bowl and yolk in the larger one.
3. Beat the egg white and brush over the pie shell.
4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. In a large bowl, mix pate, 1/2 cup onion, the garlic, bread crumbs and 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg until well combined.
6. Spoon the pate mixture into the prepared pie shell and spread evenly.
7. In a small skillet, heat butter and sautÃ© remaining 1/4 cup onion for about 2 minutes until lightly golden; keep aside.
8. To the egg yolk in the large bowl, add remaining 4 eggs and beat with cream, salt, red pepper and dash nutmeg until well combined but not frothy.
9. Add sautÃ©ed onion, cheese and sherry too the beaten egg mixture.
10. Pour half of the onion egg mixture over pate in each pie shell.
11. Place the pate tarts in the oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes until a knife inserted 1 inch from edge comes out clean.
12. Let the pate tart cool over wire rack for about 1 hour.
13. Cut each tart into 12 wedges and serve warm.
Making the dish in advance will make the dish more flavorful.