Cinnamon Tart Cannelle
|Blackcurrants||3⁄4 Pound (Fresh / Canned)|
|Granulated sugar||4 Tablespoon (For Sweetening)|
|Caster sugar||2 Tablespoon (For Dusting)|
|Arrowroot||2 Tablespoon (For Thickening)|
|For french flan pastry|
|Plain flour||6 Ounce|
|Caster sugar||3 Ounce|
|Ground cinnamon||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon (1 Dessertspoon)|
1) Heat the oven at 400°F or Mark 6.
2) Make the pastry and sieve the flour with the cinnamon.
3) Let it stand for minimum 1 hour in a cool place.
4) Pick over the currants and along with the granulated sugar, add to a pan.
5) Place the pan over low heat and stir till the juice starts to run.
6) Cook blackcurrants more rapidly, frequently stirring till thick and rich-looking.
7) Transfer to a plate and cool.
8) Use rolled out pastry to line the flan ring.
9) Push the sides of the pastry up and poke the bottom with a fork and chill slightly.
10) Fill flan with blackcurrants when they are cold.
11) Cut the pastry trimmings into strips and lay over the top in lattice design.
12) Add another strip around the edge of the ring and press down.
13) Using a brush and water, lightly moisten the top and then dust with caster sugar.
14) If you choose to use canned fruit, then use arrowroot to thicken some of the juice.
15) Use this to brush over the cooled fruit in place of the dry glaze.
16) Place flan in oven for 25-30 minutes.
17) Reduce the heat to 375°F or Mark 5 after 10 minutes.
18) Continue baking for 15-20 minutes.
19) Serve the flan while still warm.
20) Serve topped with sweetened whipped cream in the center.