|For rich shortcrust pastry|
|Plain flour||6 Ounce|
|Butter||4 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon (1 Rounded Dessertspoon)|
|Cold water||2 Tablespoon|
|Cheese curd||8 Ounce|
|Caster sugar||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon (2 Rounded Tablespoon)|
|Raisins||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon (2 Rounded Tablespoon)|
|Double cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Eggs||3 , separated|
|Plain flour||2 Tablespoon|
1) Make a rich shortcrust pastry and sift the flour and salt into a bowl.
2) Add butter and cut it into the flour and rub till the mix resembles breadcrumbs.
3) Add in the sugar and mix egg yolk with water.
4) Add to the butter mix and with the help of a palette knife, mix to a firm dough.
5) Lightly dust a board and turn on dough onto it. Knead lightly till smooth.
6) Wrap in greaseproof paper and foil and refrigerate for 30 minutes before using.
7) Use the pastry to line the flan ring.
8) Sieve the cheese and work in a warm bowl to allow cheese to absorb the butter, sugar, cream and yolks without curdling, and also fold in the whisked egg whites easily.
9) Add butter with the sugar and beat well.
10) Mix in the raisins, cream and egg yolks.
11) Add whip egg whites till stiff and, using a metal spoon, fold into the mixture with the flour.
12) Transfer into the pastry case and bake for 35-40 minutes in an oven at 375-400°F or Mark 5-6.
13) When cooked, allow to cool for a while so that the risen pastry can subside.
14) Take off the flan ring or turn out the tart.
15) Serve cold topped with lightly whipped cream.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2883 Calories from Fat 1725
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 195 g300.6%
Saturated Fat 106 g529.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1233.5 mg411.2%
Sodium 640.8 mg26.7%
Total Carbohydrates 246 g82.1%
Dietary Fiber 6.2 g24.8%
Sugars 68.8 g
Protein 42 g83.3%
Vitamin A 112.8% Vitamin C 1.4%
Calcium 31.6% Iron 25.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet