Fresh Fruit Tart
|Bud type bran cereal||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Rolled oats||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Canola oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Low fat cottage cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange juice concentrate||1 Tablespoon|
|Blueberries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced strawberries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven moderate to 350°F.
2) To prepare the crust in a large bowl add cereal, oats, and cinnamon. Mix thoroughly.
3) In a small bowl add egg whites and whisk until frothy.
4) Stir in oil and add to the cereal mixture.
5) Mix thoroughly.
6) Grease a 9-inch pie plate with nonstick spray.
7) Fill with the cereal mixture and press firmly into the bottom of the plate.
8) Do not keep any holes in the crust and overfill the plate.
9) Bake for 10 minutes until firm.
10) Let stand for 10 minutes.
11) To prepare the filling, in a blender or food processor add cottage cheese and juice concentrate.
12) Puree until smooth.
13) Spoon the mixture and spread over crust.
14) Decorate with blueberries and strawberries.
15) With kitchen shears or a pizza cutter cut into wedges.