Cheese Tart from Obwalden
|Aged gruyere cheese||2 Ounce, shredded|
|Flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Butter||7 Tablespoon, softened|
|White distilled vinegar||1 Tablespoon, diluted with 7 tablespoons of water|
|Water||7 Tablespoon (For Diluting The Vinegar)|
|For two-cheese filling|
|Aged cheese||5 Ounce, shredded|
|Cheese||5 Ounce, shredded|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , separated from the whites, whites stiffly beaten|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) On a pastry board, heap the flour and make a well in the center.
3) Into the well, put the butter, Gruyere cheese, salt and the diluted vinegar.
4) With your finger tips, mix the ingredients together well to make a smooth dough.
5) Roll the dough into a ball and wrap it in a floured cloth. Allow it to rest for about 30 minutes in a cool, dry place.
6) Meanwhile, make the filling. Mix together the cream, milk and egg yolks.
7) Fold the whites into the mixture and season with pepper and salt to taste.
8) Roll out the pastry to a thickness of 1/8 to ¼ inches.
9) Grease a pie plate of 8-inches and use the pastry to line it. With a fork, prick the pastry all over.
10) Dust the pastry with flour and sprinkle the shredded cheese all over. Pour in the egg mixture.
11) On a baking sheet, place the tart.
12) Bake the tart in the preheated oven for about 30 to 35 minutes, till the filling is set and the top is golden in color.
13) To serve the cheese tart, place in on a serving platter and, if preferred, garnish with a good sprinkling of raw cheese of preference. Serve the tart while it is still hot.
Calories 1004 Calories from Fat 669
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 76 g116.8%
Saturated Fat 45.6 g228.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 335.3 mg111.8%
Sodium 688.8 mg28.7%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g5.9%
Sugars 3.6 g
Protein 25 g50.2%
Vitamin A 44.1% Vitamin C 0.6%
Calcium 84.2% Iron 18.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet