Coffee Pecan Tarts
|Refrigerated pie crust||15 Ounce, softened (1 Piece From 15 Ounce Box)|
|Coarse white sugar/Sugar||1 Ounce (Sparkling Variety)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Coffee flavored liqueur/Cold strong coffee||2 Tablespoon|
|Pecan halves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whipped topping/Whipped cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (If Desired)|
1) Preheat oven to 375ÂºF.
2) On a flat surface flour lightly and put the pie crust.
3) Using a 4 1/2-inch round cookie cutter or top of 4 1/2-inch diameter bowl as pattern, cut 4 rounds from pie crust.
4) Fit rounds at the base and separate up sides of foil tart pans.
5) Using fork, prick bottoms and sides.
6) Put the pans on ungreased cookie sheet.
7) Make into small star shapes from remaining pie crust.
8) Put on same cookie sheet with tart pans.
9) Prick the stars with fork.
10) Sprinkle sugar lightly on top.
11) Bake tart shells and stars for 6 to 8 minutes.
12) In a medium bowl, beat egg with wire whisk.
13) In the bowl beat in 1/4 cup sugar, the corn syrup, liqueur, salt and vanilla.
14) Take off the partially baked tart shells and baked stars from oven.
15) Take out stars from cookie sheet.
16) Arrange pecans in shells evenly.
17) Pour egg mixture evenly over pecans.
18) Bake for 16 to 20 minutes until center is set.
19) Let stand to cool for 30 minutes.
20) Take out tarts from pans.
21) Top with whipped cream and garnish with baked pie crust stars.