Black Forest Tart
|Refrigerated pie crust||1 , softened (From 15-Oz Box)|
|Semisweet baking chocolate||7 Ounce, cut into pieces|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), powdered|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce, softened (1 Package)|
|Canned cherry pie filling||21 Ounce (1 Can, With More Fruit)|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
|Semisweet baking chocolate||1 Ounce, grated|
1) Preheat oven hot to 450°F.
2) In an 9-inch glass pie plate or 10-inch tart pan with removable bottom put the pie crust.
3) Bake for about 9 to 11 minutes until lightly browned.
4) Let stand till cool.
5) In a small saucepan, add 6 oz chocolate and butter. Melt over low heat stirring constantly.
6) Remove from heat.
7) In a small bowl, add powdered sugar and cream cheese. Beat together.
8) Mix melted chocolate mixture to it and beat until smooth.
9) Stir in 1 cup of the cherry pie filling and mix gently. Keep the remaining pie filling aside.
10) Spread the remaining cherry pie filling evenly in a band around outer edge of tart.
11) Refrigerate until serving time.
12) Serve cold.