Apricot Treacle Tart
|Whole meal flour||5 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|Whole meal self raising flour||4 Ounce|
|Soft margarine||5 Ounce|
|Golden syrup||5 Tablespoon|
|Black treacle||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon rind||1 , finely grated|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Apricot halves||1 Can (10 oz), drained (Fruit Juice Retained)|
1) Preheat oven to 375°F/190°C/Gas 5 before baking.
2) For the pastry, sift flour into a bowl and rub in margarine until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
3) Keep the pastry in refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes.
4) Even out the pastry to line a 9" flan tin, saving some for later use.
5) Combine breadcrumbs, syrup, treacle, lemon rind and juice.
6) In the pastry case, place the apricot halves with their round side up.
7) Pour over the syrup mixture and bake for 20-25 minutes in preheated oven.
8) Let cool in tin.
9) Even out the saved pastry dough and make 6 small, leaf shapes from it.
10) Bake these shapes for 10 minutes in preheated oven until golden.
11) Surround the edge of the tart with these leaf shapes.
12) Serve hot or cold with ice cream or cream.