Apricot Cream Tart
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Chocolate digestive biscuits||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Egg yolk||1 , beaten|
|Vanilla essence||2 Drop|
|Canned apricots||20 Ounce, drained (1 Pound 4 Ounce, 850 Gram)|
|Plain chocolate||1 Ounce, melted (25 Gram)|
1) Heat butter till it melts and then mix in crushed biscuits.
2) Pack this into the base of a tin and keep in refrigerator to chill.
3) In the meantime, in a pan, mix sugar and cornflour with enough milk to form a smooth paste.
4) Heat rest of the milk and mix in cornflour mixture.
5) Thicken the mixture by cooking gently and then take it off from heat.
6) To the egg yolk, beat a little of custard and then return this mixture back into the pan, stirring well.
7) Cook the mixture for 5 minutes very gently until the custard becomes smooth and thick.
8) Stir in vanilla essence and keep aside to cool.
9) In a processor, allow two-thirds of apricots to be pureed until smooth.
10) Layer the biscuit base with this puree.
11) Spoon over cooled custard and keep in refrigerator to chill until set.
12) Use the remaining sliced apricots to decorate the tart.
13) Top the tart with melted chocolate and again chill in refrigerator for 1 hour.
14) Serve cold.