Shrimp Newburg Tartlets
|Piecrust mix||6 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Cocktail shrimps||12 Ounce, drained (Four 3 Ounce Each)|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Dash|
|Light cream/Table cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven hot to 400°F
2) Make piecrust mix or pastry from your favorite two-crust recipe.
3) On a lightly floured pastry cloth or board roll half the pastry to an about 1/8 inch thick.
4) Using a 2 1/2-inch cutter cut into rounds.
5) Place into a tiny muffin-pan cup and pressing against bottom and side firmly.
6) Reroll trimmings to make 32 rounds in all.
7) Bake for 15 minutes until golden.
8) Gently take out from pans and cool completely on wire racks.
9) Keep aside 36 shrimps for garnish. Arrange the remaining in pastry shells.
10) Put shells in a large shallow pan.
11) In a small saucepan melt butter or margarine.
12) Add flour, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
13) Cook and stir the mixture constantly until bubbly.
14) Add cream and stir. Continue to cook stirring the sauce until thick and boils for 1 minute.
15) In a small bowl beat egg yolk.
16) Add about half of the hot sauce and beat.
17) Stir the mixture back into remaining sauce in pan. Cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
18) Add sherry.
19) Spoon the mixture over shrimps in shells.
20) Bake in slow oven (300°) for 15 minutes until hot.
21) Garnish with reserved shrimps.
22) Serve hot.