Apple Streusel Tart
|Tart eating apples||6 Large|
|Lemon||1 , freshly squeezed|
|9 inch unbaked pie shell||1|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), sifted|
|Lemon rind||1 Teaspoon, grated (Of 1 Lemon)|
|Butter||6 Tablespoon, softened|
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F
2. Peel the apples, core apples
3. Slice lengthwise into eights.
4. Toss slices immediately in lemon juice to prevent discoloration.
5. Neatly arrange the apples slices in the unbaked pie shell, slightly overlapping them
6. Sprinkle sugar and spices over apples.
In a bowl, combine ingredients for topping
7. Rub the mixture with your fingertips until it resembles crumbs.
8. Cover the apples with the topping mixture.
9. Bake the tart in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
10. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F and bake for another 30 minutes until the apples are tender and topping is golden.
11. Cut the tart into wedges and serve warm
12. Accompany with ice-cream or custard sauce if you like.