Dairy Free Filbert Meringue Tarts
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped filberts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla ice cream||1 (Basic Type)|
1) Preheat the oven to 275°F.
2) In a bowl, beat the egg whites to form soft peaks.
3) Gradually beat in the sugar, until dissolved and stiff peaks are formed.
4) Then fold in the chopped filberts, blend well.
5) Over a cookie sheet covered with waxed paper, spoon about 1/3 cup meringue and spread in a 3-inch circle.
6) Pat out a shell area in the center, then repeat to make six tart shells.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for about 1 hour.
8) Allow the tart shells to thoroughly cool before using.
9) Spoon ice cream into the tart shells and serve immediately.