Miniature Coconut Tarts
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs), sifted|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Flaked coconut||3 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (Sited Before Measuring)|
1. Preheat oven to 375f.
To make pastry:
2. Into a medium bowl sift flour with sugar and salt.
3. With pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in butter until mixture is like coarse cornmeal and stir in egg using a fork.
4. Knead slightly, with hands, until mixture holds together, wrap in waxed paper and refrigerate for about 4-5 hours until firm.
To make filling:
5. In small bowl beat egg using fork,
6. Add coconut and sugar and mix well.
7. For each tart pinch off about 1 teaspoon chilled dough and press into 2-by-1/2-inch tartlet pan, to make a lining 1/8 inch thick.
8. Fill each tart with 1 teaspoon filling.
9. Bake tarts (about 24 at a time), set on cookie sheet, 12 minutes until coconut filling is golden-brown.
10. Place pans on wire rack and cool slightly.
11. With small spatula, gently remove tarts.
12. Garnish with toppings such as whipped cream if desired and serve.
Calories 565 Calories from Fat 307
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g54.5%
Saturated Fat 24.5 g122.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 131 mg43.7%
Sodium 113.8 mg4.7%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.8%
Sugars 34.7 g
Protein 6 g12.7%
Vitamin A 15.7% Vitamin C 0.41%
Calcium 2.4% Iron 12%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet