Deep Dish Apple Tart
|Single crust pie pastry||1|
|Vanilla pudding||3 Ounce|
|Almond paste||3 Ounce|
|Sour apples||6 , thinly sliced|
|Port wine||6 Ounce|
|Gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 Package)|
|Heavy cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350 °F.
2. Roll out the dough to 1/8" thickness and place in a 12" diameter tart pan.
3. Mix vanilla pudding according to the package directions. Mix pudding and almond paste until smooth. Spread onto the dough.
4. Core and slice the apples. Arrange the slices in a decorative pattern on the pudding. Starting at the center of the tart pan work your way to the rim forming a fan shaped design.
5. Cook for about 15 minutes till the apples become light brown and golden and the edges of the tart are brown.
6. In the meantime, heat the port wine and dissolve the gelatin in the wine. Add the currants and let the mixture cool together with the tart. Pour the mixture over the pie and let it cool for an hour. Serve with whipped cream.