|Shortcrust pastry||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1/2 Quantity Using 100 Gram / 4 Ounce Flour)|
|Flour||3 Ounce (75 Gram, For Dusting Flour Board)|
|Butter||2 Ounce, softened (50 Gram)|
|Butter||10 Milliliter (2 Teaspoon To Grease Tins)|
|Caster sugar||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Egg||1 Medium, beaten|
|Plain flour||15 Milliliter, sifted (1 Tablespoon)|
|Ground almonds||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Almond essence||3 Drop|
|Almonds||40 , split|
|Apricot jam||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Water||10 Milliliter (2 Teaspoon)|
1. Make the pastry and chill for 15 minutes.
2. Heat the oven to 400°F (200°C/Gas 6) and grease 10 patty tins.
3. Roll out the pastry thinly on a floured board.
4. Using a 7.5 cm (3 in) cutter dipped in flour cut out 10 circles and use these to line the prepared tins.
5. Let it chill for 15 minutes.
6. Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
7. Whisk in the egg thoroughly and then beat in the flour, almonds and almond essence.
8. Into the prepared pastry cases spoon the mixture, each about two-thirds full.
9. On top of each arrange about 4 split almonds.
10. Let it bake for 20 minutes until golden.
11. In a saucepan with the water heat the jam to make the glaze.
12. Let it boil and then sieve and reheat.
13. Take the tarts out of the oven and immediately brush them all over with the glaze.
14. Place the tarts gently to a wire rack to cool.