|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 Stick)|
|Prune/Quince, apricot, blackberry, or black raspberry preserves||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Take a medium-size bowl. Add flour, sugar, and about 1/4 teaspoon salt and mix thoroughly.
2) Cut butter and run in the mixture to resemble coarse cornmeal.
3) Divide the egg into yolk and white, and reserve the white. Mix yolk to 1/3 cup cold water and add to flour mixture. Knead the dough into a bowl, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
4) Preheat oven hot to 375 degrees.
5) Grease baking sheet with butter.
6) Flour a flat board, roll out chilled pastry to 1/3-inch-thickness and cut into 4-inch circles with a knife.
7) Fold the outside edge of each circle to form a thin rim around the tart.
8) Arrange tarts on sheet and bake for 20 minutes till golden.
9) Place in rack to cool.
10) Before serving, put 1 heaped teaspoon filling at the center of each small tart.