Glazed Lemon Tart
|Ground almonds||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven at 375°F.
2. Rinse 2 lemons in running water and slice them into 1/8th inch thick pieces. Remove the seeds and place the lemon slices in a bowl.
3. Cover the lemon slices with boiling water. Let it soak for about 8 hours
4. Take a saucepan and drain all the lemon slices in it. Cover with cold water and bring it to boil.
5. Cover the saucepan and simmer for about half an hour or until the rinds turn soft. Make sure that the lemon flesh is almost disintegrated.
6. Now, remove the saucepan from heat and allow the lemon rinds to cook in liquid.
7. After that, just take out the pastries and roll them out to a circle of 9 inches diameter on a lightly floured surface.
8. Then, you need to line a flan ring of 7- or 8-inch using these pastries. Also, prick the bottom slightly using a simple fork.
9. Bake the tart shell blind for 5 minutes, then set it aside while preparing the filling.
10. Mix some flour with ground almonds. Simultaneously, beat some butter and sugar until soft and light.
11. Also, lightly beat some egg and mix with some finely grated lemon rind.
12. Keep stirring the eggs and the butter mixture. After that, add the flour and ground almonds.
13. Spread this mixture evenly over the prepared pastry base.
14. Place the tart right in the center of the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes or until the tart raised and turns golden brown. Touch the surface of the tart to confirm a firm texture.
15. Remove the tart from the oven and let it cool down completely.
16. Now, drain the liquid from the lemon slices and set at least a 1 cup aside.
17. Add some vanilla extract and sugar in the lemon liquid.
18. Take a saucepan and cook the mixture over low heat until the sugar completely dissolved.
19. Add the lemon slices and simmer gently for about 5 minutes, then transfer the lemon slices onto a plate.
20. Keep on boiling the syrup rapidly till the mixture sets completely. You can taste it once it cools down.
21. Position the lemon cuts in a spherical pattern right over the tart.
22. As soon as the syrup sets, remove the pan from the heat. Also, as soon as the bubbles have subsided, pour in the syrup on the lemon cuts.
23. Store the tart in the refrigerator to chill prior to serving. Also, you cut them into wedges before serving.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1682 Calories from Fat 699
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 79 g121.3%
Saturated Fat 33.4 g167.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 340.5 mg113.5%
Sodium 109.2 mg4.5%
Total Carbohydrates 232 g77.3%
Dietary Fiber 7.3 g29.4%
Sugars 205.6 g
Protein 20 g39.2%
Vitamin A 35.3% Vitamin C 92.9%
Calcium 9.1% Iron 11.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet