Old-Fashioned Fried Apple Tarts
|Dried apples||8 Ounce|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sifted self rising flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Hot fat||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For deep frying)|
1) Prepare the apples according to the package directions.
2) Mash thoroughly and add in the sugar.
4) Cut in the shortening into flour and add about 5 tablespoons cold water.
5) Mix till a dough is formed.
6) Continue kneading till smooth.
7) Roll into saucer-sized circles.
8) Add small amount of apples in the center of each circle.
9) Fold in half and seal and trim the edges.
10) Add into hot fat in skillet and fry till lightly browned, turning once.
12) Serve with cream.