Pecan Nut Crust / Tart Shell
|Pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Gluten free flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Maple crystals/Evaporated cane sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Melted coconut oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Maple syrup||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Yield: 1 9” or 10” tart pan, or 8-10 3 inch tartlets
Preheat oven to 350.
1. In a food processor grind pecans to a meal; add sifted flour, maple crystals or sugar, baking powder, and salt. Pulse briefly to combine evenly.
2. Whisk melted oil (measure once melted) and maple syrup in a bowl, and add to dry ingredients. Pulse until tart dough holds together and follows itself in a ball.
3. Press into a tart pan and chill 15-20 minutes to set.
4. Press fork into crust to create air holes. Bake for 20-25 minutes on center rack or until golden brown on top.
5. Let cool and fill with our Dream Date or Nude Pudding!!!
To learn more about Abby's Table visit www.Abby's-Table.com .
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2371 Calories from Fat 1175
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 139 g214%
Saturated Fat 47.1 g235.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 521 mg21.7%
Total Carbohydrates 284 g94.6%
Dietary Fiber 12.5 g49.9%
Sugars 171.3 g
Protein 16 g31.1%
Vitamin A 1.5% Vitamin C 2.4%
Calcium 36.8% Iron 37.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet