Cheddar Onion Tart
|Bermuda onion||1 Medium, peeled, sliced paper thin, and separated into rings|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Grated sharp cheddar cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 , lightly beaten|
1) Preheat the oven to 425° F.
2) Prepare and roll the pastry into a 12 inch circle, and place in a 9 inch pie pan with a high fluted edge.
3) Evenly prick the pastry all over with a fork, then place a wax paper and add rice grains or dried beans.
4) Bake in the preheated oven for 5-7 minutes until firm, then place on a wire rack to cool. Discard the paper and rice or beans.
5) Sprinkle the pie shell evenly with the onions.
6) Scald the milk, stir in and melt the cheese. Turn off the heat, stir a little hot mixture into the eggs, return to pan.
7) Stir in the salt and pepper, pour the mixture over the onions and sprinkle evenly with the paprika.
8) Bake in a preheated oven at 425° F for 15 minutes. Lower the heat to 350° F and bake for further 15 minutes. Place on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes.
9) Slice into wedges and serve in a nice plate.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1344 Calories from Fat 777
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 94 g144.1%
Saturated Fat 42.9 g214.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 847.7 mg282.6%
Sodium 2948.1 mg122.8%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.3%
Sugars 33.6 g
Protein 76 g152.9%
Vitamin A 64% Vitamin C 7.9%
Calcium 167.8% Iron 18%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet