Classic Peach Tart
|Frozen puff pastry||8 2⁄3 Ounce, thawed (1/2 Of 17 1/4-Oz Package)|
|Canned peach slices||16 Ounce, drained and chopped, with juice reserved|
|Soft white bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Medium sherry||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2) Line an 8-inch metal or loose-bottomed pie pan with the 2/3 rolled out pastry. With the remaining pastry roll out an 8-inch round, cut out neatly to make a slatted top and place both in the refrigerator until required.
3) In a saucepan, stir in the bread crumbs in the melted butter over a low heat.
4) Turn off the heat, stir in the almond extract and 2 tablespoons of the sugar and allow the mixture is cool.
5) Stir in the peaches and spoon the mixture in the tart shell, brush the pastry edges with water and firmly seal the edges together.
6) Bake in the preheated oven above the center for about 20 minutes.
7) In a pan add the remaining sugar and water, stir to dissolve the sugar over low heat, allow to boil and turn off the heat.
8) Glaze the tart and bake for further 5 minutes.
9) To prepare the sauce, heat the reserved peach juice with the sherry and put into a pitcher.
10) Serve the tart as desired, passing the peach and sherry sauce separately in the pitcher.