Frozen Orange Tarts
|Vanilla wafer crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Finely chopped walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||6 Tablespoon, melted|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Frozen orange juice concentrate||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), thawed|
|Sour cream||8 Ounce (1 Carton, Commercial)|
|Whipped cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Combine together the crumbs and walnuts. Add the butter and with a fork, mix well.
2) In 12 muffin cups, place paper liners and press nearly 3 tablespoons crumb mixture onto the bottom and sides of every cup.
3) Combine together the orange juice concentrate, sugar and egg whites, when they are at room temperature. Set electric mixer to medium speed and beat the mixture till soft peaks have formed. This usually takes about 7 minutes.
4) Fold the sour cream into the orange mix and then spoon the orange mixture into the prepared muffin cups. Allow them to freeze.
5) For 10 to 15 minutes, allow the tarts to stand at room temperature before serving and if preferred, garnish with whipped cream.