Apple Blossom Tarts
|One crust pastry||1 (Pastry For One Crust Pie)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cinnamon candies||3 Tablespoon (Drop Candies)|
|Warm water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Broken walnut meats||4 Tablespoon|
|Crushed peppermint stick candy||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2) Peel, core and quarter apples. Cut the quarters into thick half slices.
3) On a floured surface roll out pastry and cut it into circlrs to fit the bottom of custard cups.
4) Take 4 custard cups and invert them on a cookie sheet.
5) Place one pastry round on the bottom of each cup and overlap 4-5 rounds to form a petal on the sides of each custard cup. Moisten the edges that overlap.
6) Use a fork to prick the pastry rounds. Bake the rounds in preheated hot oven (450°F) for about 15 minutes or until they are lightly browned.
7) Allow them to cool.
8) In the meantime, take a saucepan and mix sugar, cinnamon candies, water and salt in it.
9) Place the saucepan over medium heat and simmer until candies are completely dissloved.
10) Gradually add the sliced apples to this syrup mixture, taking care that the temperature of the syrup does not drop sharply.
11) Now, simmer the apples until they are tender. Turn and baste the apples with syrup while they are being simmered.
12) Once the apples are tender, lift them up from the syrup and spread them out on a platter. Allow them to cool.
13) Continue boiling the syrup until it reaches a consistancy where it falls heavily from the spoon. Allow it to cool.
14) Lastly, take a big bowl and toss in apple chunks, marshmallows, walnuts and peppermint candies. Add syrup as desired.
15) Fill the pastry cups with the above mixture.
16) Serve chilled with whipped cream or tinted apple greens.