Key Lime Tart
|Finely crushed gingersnaps||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely crushed graham crackers||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flaked coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped pecans||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||5 Tablespoon, melted|
|Canned sweetened condensed milk||14 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Finely shredded lime peel||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Key lime juice/Lime juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F
2. Grease a 9-inch pie tin or flan ring with butter.
3. To make the crust, in a bowl, mix crushed gingersnaps, crushed graham crackers, coconut, and pecans.
4. Stir in the melted butter.
5. Turn this mixture into the prepared pie tin and press to cover the bottom and sides.
6. Bake the pie shell in the preheated oven for 5 minutes.
7. Remove and stand aside to cool completely.
8. In a large clean and dry bowl, beat the egg yolks with a wire whisk or electric mixture until thick and pale.
9. Into the egg mixture, whisk in condensed milk, lime peel and juice.
10. Pour the mixture into the cooled pie shell.
11. Place pie in the refrigerator to chill and set for about 4 hours.
12. In a clean dry bowl, whip cream, sugar and vanilla until it form soft peaks.
13. Using a palette knife spread the whipped cream over the chilled pie.
14. Place pie on a platter or pastry stand.
15. Garnish the pie with lime twists.
16. Slice at the table.