Lemon Cheese Tart
|Sifted flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shortening||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cold water||4 Tablespoon|
|Package cream cheese||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2) Take a clean large bowl and sift together flour and salt.
3) Take a knife and cut in the shortening to the size of small peas.
4) With a large fork, mix the contents in the bowl by adding drops of cold water from time to time. Mix until dough is formed and it is moist enough to hold itself together.
5) Flatten the dough and form into a ball
6) Next, take a floured board and roll out dough into a circle which is 1 1/2 inches larger then an 8 inch pie pan.
7) Place this circle loosely into the 8 inch pie pan and fold the edges to form a standing rim. Flute the edges neatly.
8) Prick the top of the pie with a fork to allow steam to escape while baking.
9) Place the pie pan in the preheated hot oven and bake for about 8 to 10 minutes.
10) In the meantime, take a clean bowl and soften cream cheese and whip it until fluffy.
11) Blend in eggs, one at a time, and beat well after each addition.
12) Stir in sugar, vanilla, lemon rind and lemon juice in the egg mixture.
13) Remove the baked pie shell from the oven and allow it to cool.
14) Fill the above mixture in the baked shell and bake again in a moderate oven (350°F) for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the shell is firm enough.