Pumpkin Marmalade Tarts
|Strained pumpkin||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Cooked Or Canned)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||2 , beaten|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Evaporated milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Unbaked tart shells||6|
|Orange marmalade||3 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2) Take a large bowl and mix together pumpkin, brown sugar, spices and salt.
3) Next, add egg yolks, milk and evaporated milk to the mixture above. Stir well.
4) Pour equal amounts of mixture onto the unbaked tart shells.
5) Now, bake the shells in preheated hot oven (450°F) for about 15 minutes. After that reduce the oven temperature to 325°F and continue baking the shells for 20 more minutes, or until done.
6) Spread orange marmalade on the tarts.
7) In a clean bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks are formed. Gently and gradually blend in sugar and beat until it is well mixed.
8) Further, spread this egg mixture on the tarts, over the marmalade.
9) Bake the tarts again in hot oven (425°F) for about 5 minutes or until tops are lightly tanned.
10) Allow the tarts to cool before serving.