Cheeseboard And Onion Tart
|Plain flour||9 Ounce (250 Gram)|
|Butter||4 1⁄2 Ounce, cubed (125 Gram)|
|Onions||2 , sliced|
|Double cream||284 Milliliter|
|Cheese||9 Ounce (250 Gram)|
1. Preheat the oven at 200°C.
2. In a food processor bowl, put four, salt and butter. 3. Grind the mixture until it forms into fine crumbs. 4. Add 4 tbsp of cold water to the ground mixture and knead into smooth dough. 5. Shape the dough into a circular disk and wrap it in the foil. 6. Refrigerate the wrapped dough for at least 10 minutes. 7. When ready, roll the dough into a round shape; big enough to line a 23cm bottomed tart tin.
8. Arrange and line the rolled dough on the tin. 9. Line a baking sheet on the pastry or dough and top it with baking beans. 10. Bake the pastry for 15 minutes.
11. Take the paper and beans out.
12. Bake the pastry for 10 more minutes until golden brown in color.
13. Till the pastry gets baked, heat oil in a pan. 14. Put onions sliced into rings in the pan and fry until brown. 15. B eat the eggs and cream together and season the mixture. 16. Crumble the cheese and spread it on the pastry case. 17. Add fried onions and the mixture of cream and eggs. 18. Bake for 40 minutes at 160°C until light golden.
19. Serve hot.