Black And White Tarts
|Shredded coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Candy||1 Cup (16 tbs), Coated|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla pudding mix||200 Gram (1 Package)|
|Chocolate pudding mix||1 (1 Package)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F
2)Take a shallow baking pan and spread shredded coconut in it. Bake coconut in the preheated oven for 5-7 minutes or until it is lightly tanned.
3) Stir coconut quite often during baking time to evenly brown it.
4) Take a greased bowl and put toasted coconut and cereal in it. Set aside.
5) Next, take a small saucepan and mix honey, sugar and salt in it.
6) Place the saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring constantly to dissolve the sugar.
7) Continue boiling till the syrup attains a temperature of 246°F. You can check this by dropping a small amount of boiled mixture in cold water, if the syrup forms a ball then the required temperature is attained.
8) Now, add butter to the syrup and pour it over coconut and cereal bowl. Stir gently to coat the syrup around cereal and coconut.
9) Take a spoon and put the above mixture in greased custard cups or tart tins. Press the mixture gently with the back of the spoon on the bottom and sides of the cups.
10) Chill and fill the tarts with chocolate and vanilla pudding.
11) Serve the tarts chilled, garnished with shaved chocolate and shredded coconut.