Fresh Cherry Tarts
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sour cherries||3 Cup (48 tbs), pitted|
|Almond extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Baked tart shells||6 (3.5 Inch)|
|3 1/2 inch baked tart shells||6|
1) Take a double boiler and mix sugar, salt and cornstarch on the top bowl.
2) Next, add corn syrup to the bowl and mix well. Now, add cherries and stir a little.
3) Place this mixture over boiling water and stir frequently, until the mixture thickens.
4) Once the mixture thickens, cover the bowl and cook for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5) Now, remove it from the heat and add almond extract to the mixture.
6) Allow it to cool and then pour into the baked tart shells and chill.
7) Serve the tarts with whipped cream, or as desired.