Apple Tart with Blackberry Sorbet
|Castor sugar||10 Ounce (300 Gram)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Blackberries||14 Ounce (400 Gram)|
|Granulated sugar||3 Ounce (85 Gram)|
|Puff pastry||400 Gram, rolled (1 Packet)|
|Eating apples||1 Pound, peeled (450 Gram)|
|Demerara sugar||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Mint leaves||1 (For Garnish)|
1. To make the sorbet, in a saucepan, combine the caster sugar, 300milliliters of water, lemon and glucose.
2. Place the pan over a medium flame and bring the liquid to a boil, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Cool the syrup and place in the refrigerator to chill.
3. In another saucepan, combine the blackberries reserving a few for garnish, the granulated sugar and 1 tablespoon of water.
4. Place the pan over a medium flame and simmer the berries until they are soft and pulpy.
5. Strain the puree through a fine mesh nylon sieve into the chilled syrup. Mix well.
6. Churn the puree in an ice-cream maker and freeze in a freezer friendly box until required. Alternatively pour the puree into a shallow, freezer proof box and freeze for 2 hours until crystals form around the edge. Break up with a fork and return to the freezer to set again. Repeat this step thrice then seal box and freeze overnight.
7. Preheat the heat oven to 400 degree F or 200 degree C.
8. Cut the rolled pastry into 4-inch squares.
9. Arrange the apples slices over the pastry bases and sprinkle with sugar. Arrange the tarts on a baking sheet.
10. Bake the tarts in the preheated oven for 15 minutes until the apples are caramelized and the pastry is golden brown.
11. Serve the hot tarts on a dessert plate with a scoop of sorbet on the side
12. Garnish the tarts with springs of mint and the reserved blackberries.
Calories 1103 Calories from Fat 352
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g60.3%
Saturated Fat 5.5 g27.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 255.2 mg10.6%
Total Carbohydrates 183 g60.9%
Dietary Fiber 9.5 g38%
Sugars 128.5 g
Protein 9 g18.2%
Vitamin A 5.5% Vitamin C 44.4%
Calcium 4.6% Iron 18.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet