Nectarine Puff Pastry Tarts
|Butter||1⁄2 Ounce (15 Grams Or 1 Tablespoon)|
|Puff pastry/Rough puff||8 Ounce (225 Grams)|
|Nectarines||1 Pound (450 Grams)|
|Superfine sugar||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon, Caster Sugar)|
|Freshly grated nutmeg||1 Teaspoon|
|Creme fraiche/Lightly whipped||2 Tablespoon|
1. Lightly butter a large baking sheet and sprinkle very lightly with water.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the puff pastry to a large rectangle, measuring about 40 x 25cm/15 x 10in and cut into six smaller rectangles.
3. Transfer the pastry to the baking sheet. Using the back of a small knife, scallop the edges of each piece of pastry. Then, using the tip of the knife, score a line 1cm/1/2in from the edge of each rectangle to form a border. Chill the pastry shapes for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200°C/ 400°F/Gas 6.
4. Halve the nectarines and remove the stones (pits), then cut the fruit into thin slices. Arrange the nectarine slices in the centre of the pastry rectangles, leaving the border uncovered. Sprinkle the fruit with the caster sugar and a little freshly grated nutmeg.
5. Bake for 12-15 minutes until the edges of each pastry case are puffed up and the fruit is tender.
6. Transfer the tarts to a wire rack to cool slightly before removing and serving warm. In a small bowl, offer a little creme fraiche or whipped cream, if you like.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1760 Calories from Fat 955
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 107 g164%
Saturated Fat 21.2 g105.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30.5 mg10.2%
Sodium 576.1 mg24%
Total Carbohydrates 186 g61.9%
Dietary Fiber 12.2 g48.6%
Sugars 68.9 g
Protein 23 g45.7%
Vitamin A 37.3% Vitamin C 41.1%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 40.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet