Grana Padano Slow-Roasted Tomato & Pepper Tarts
|Plum tomatoes||8 Small, halved|
|Pepper red||1 , deseeded and thickly sliced|
|Yellow pepper||1 , deseeded|
|Italian olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|Puff pastry||500 Gram, thawed if frozen (1 Pack)|
|Pesto sauce||8 Teaspoon (Red Or Green)|
|Grana padano cheese||3 Ounce, finely grated|
|Grana padano cheese shavings||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan oven 160°C/Gas Mark 4.
2. Arrange the halved tomatoes, cut side up, in a roasting pan with the peppers. Season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with the dried oregano, then drizzle with the olive oil. Transfer to the oven and roast for 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface to a rectangle measuring approximately 30cm (12 inch) square. Cut out 8 rounds with a 10cm (4 inch) cutter.Lift them on to a lightly greased baking sheet. Spread 1 teaspoon of pesto sauce over each circle, then sprinkle with the grated Grana Padano.
4. Cool the roasted tomatoes and peppers for 10 minutes, then arrange them over the pastry circles. Increase the oven temperature to 200°C/fan oven 180°C/Gas Mark 6. Bake
for 12-15 minutes until well-risen and golden.
5. Cool for a few minutes, then top with the rocket and shavings of Grana Padano cheese. Serve whilst warm.
Cook’s Tip: If you like, serve the tarts drizzled with extra virgin olive oil and a little balsamic vinegar.
To get more information, or to purchase Grana Padano cheese, visit www.dipaloselects.com.
Calories 471 Calories from Fat 301
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g51.7%
Saturated Fat 6.6 g32.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.9 mg3%
Sodium 436.1 mg18.2%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g10.9%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8.1%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 10 g19.3%
Vitamin A 22.7% Vitamin C 87.4%
Calcium 16.7% Iron 13.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet