Baby Spinach Tarts
|Flour||6 Ounce (1 1/2 Cups, 185 Gram)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||4 Tablespoon|
|Butter||3 1⁄2 Ounce, chopped (100 Gram)|
|Iced water||3 Tablespoon|
|For spinach filling|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Spring onions||2 , chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Spinach leaves||8 , shredded|
|Ricotta cheese||4 Ounce, drained (125 Gram)|
|Eggs||2 , lightly beaten|
|Milk||3 Fluid Ounce (1/3 Cup, 90 Milliliter)|
|Grated nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Pine nuts||4 Tablespoon|
1. To make pastry, place flour, cheese and butter in a food processor and process until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
2. With machine running, slowly add enough water to form a soft dough. Knead dough on a floured surface. Wrap in plastic food wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Roll out pastry to 3 mm / 1/8 in thick. Using an 8 cm / 3 1/2 in fluted pastry cutter, cut out twenty rounds. Place in lightly greased tins. Pierce base and sides with a fork and bake at 200°C/400°F/Gas 6 for 5-10 minutes.
4. To make filling, heat oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add spring onions, garlic and spinach and cook, stirring, until spinach is wilted. Remove pan from heat and set aside to cool.
5. Mix spinach mixture, ricotta cheese, eggs, milk and nutmeg in a bowl. Spoon filling into pastry cases and sprinkle with pine nuts. Reduce oven temperature to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4 and bake for 15-20 minutes.