Baby Spinach Tarts
|Flour||6 Ounce (1 1/2 Cups, 185 Gram)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||4 Tablespoon|
|Butter||3 1⁄2 Ounce, chopped (100 Gram)|
|Iced water||3 Tablespoon|
|For spinach filling|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Spring onions||2 , chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Spinach leaves||8 , shredded|
|Ricotta cheese||4 Ounce, drained (125 Gram)|
|Eggs||2 , lightly beaten|
|Milk||3 Fluid Ounce (1/3 Cup, 90 Milliliter)|
|Grated nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Pine nuts||4 Tablespoon|
1. To make pastry, place flour, cheese and butter in a food processor and process until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
2. With machine running, slowly add enough water to form a soft dough. Knead dough on a floured surface. Wrap in plastic food wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Roll out pastry to 3 mm / 1/8 in thick. Using an 8 cm / 3 1/2 in fluted pastry cutter, cut out twenty rounds. Place in lightly greased tins. Pierce base and sides with a fork and bake at 200°C/400°F/Gas 6 for 5-10 minutes.
4. To make filling, heat oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add spring onions, garlic and spinach and cook, stirring, until spinach is wilted. Remove pan from heat and set aside to cool.
5. Mix spinach mixture, ricotta cheese, eggs, milk and nutmeg in a bowl. Spoon filling into pastry cases and sprinkle with pine nuts. Reduce oven temperature to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4 and bake for 15-20 minutes.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2507 Calories from Fat 1557
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 179 g275.2%
Saturated Fat 80.8 g403.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 755.8 mg251.9%
Sodium 1217.7 mg50.7%
Total Carbohydrates 154 g51.5%
Dietary Fiber 8.4 g33.6%
Sugars 10.4 g
Protein 79 g158.3%
Vitamin A 97.9% Vitamin C 16.7%
Calcium 115.7% Iron 83%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet