Tomatqand Black Olive Tart
|Plum tomatoes||6 (firm)|
|Ripe brie cheese||3 Ounce (75 g)|
|Pitted black olives||16|
|Eggs||3 , beaten|
|Milk||1⁄2 Pint (300 ml, 1 14 cups)|
|Chopped fresh herbs||30 Milliliter (2 tbsp)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Plain all purpose flour||8 Ounce (225 g, 2 cups)|
|Butter||4 Ounce, diced (115 g, 1/2 cup)|
|Chilled water||60 Milliliter (4 tbsp)|
1. To make the pastry, sift the flour into a mixing bowl and rub or cut in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Sprinkle over the water and mix to a dough. Knead lightly on a floured surface for a few seconds until smooth. Wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/ Gas 5. Roll out the pastry thinly and use to line a greased 28 x 18cm/11 x 7in loose-based rectangular flan tin (quiche pan). Trim the edges.
3. Line the pastry case with some foil and baking beans, and bake blind for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and beans and bake for a further 5 minutes until the base is crisp.
4. Slice the tomatoes, cube the cheese and finely slice the olives. Place the flan case on a baking sheet and arrange the tomatoes, cheese and olives in it. Mix together the eggs, milk, seasoning and chopped herbs.
5. Pour the egg mixture into the case. Bake for about 40 minutes until just firm and turning golden. Slice hot or cool in the tin, then serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2448 Calories from Fat 1335
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 152 g234.4%
Saturated Fat 82.7 g413.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 992.3 mg330.8%
Sodium 1831.4 mg76.3%
Total Carbohydrates 208 g69.4%
Dietary Fiber 10.4 g41.7%
Sugars 14.5 g
Protein 69 g138.5%
Vitamin A 157.5% Vitamin C 67.8%
Calcium 102.9% Iron 89.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet