|Butter/Margarine / shortening||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Grated lemon peel||1 Teaspoon|
|Sifted flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Blanched almonds||1 Tablespoon|
1. Cream the butter, margarine or shortening until light; gradually add the sugar and beat until smooth. Beat in 1 whole egg and 1 egg yolk, the vanilla and lemon peel.
2. Sift the flour and salt. Gradually add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and mix until well blended. Cover the dough with waxed paper and let it chill in the refrigerator 2 hours or more.
3. Start oven, set at Moderately Hot, 400° F. Rub cookie sheets with margarine or shortening.
4. When ready to bake, roll the dough 1/8-inch thick on a lightly floured board. Cut out with round cookie cutter. Beat the remaining egg white slightly and brush the tops of the cookies with it; sprinkle each cookie with sugar and press 1/2 almond in the center of each. Place the cookies on the baking sheet.
5. Bake about 8 minutes, until delicately browned.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3847 Calories from Fat 1387
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 158 g243.2%
Saturated Fat 90.9 g454.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 785.8 mg261.9%
Sodium 655.5 mg27.3%
Total Carbohydrates 556 g185.5%
Dietary Fiber 12.2 g48.9%
Sugars 268.2 g
Protein 56 g112.2%
Vitamin A 94.2% Vitamin C 10.7%
Calcium 19.2% Iron 110.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet