Lemon Tart with Fresh Berries
|For the pie dough:|
|Flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Kosher salt||1 Pinch|
|Cold butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cold water||6 Ounce|
|For the filling:|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||3 Ounce|
|Lemon zest||1 Medium|
|Fresh berries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whipped cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. For the pie dough: In a bowl, add flour, sugar and salt and cut in 1/4 cup of butter and mix.
3. Slowly drizzle in some cold water and knead into a dough.
4. Add some flour to the cutting board or kitchen counter and roll out the dough using a rolling pin.
5. Roll the dough over the rolling pin and unfold into the pie tray and press in the sides.
6. Place a parchment paper over the pie and pour in a cup of black beans. Pop into the oven for 25 minutes.
7. For the lemon curd filling: In a double boiler, mix together the lemon juice, eggs and sugar. Make sure the eggs don't scramble and keep stirring until frothy.
8. Take off the stove and strain the mix.
9. Add the butter and lemon peel and mix together well. Let it sit until it reaches room temperature.
10. Pour the lemon curd filling into the prepared pie crust and let it chill.
11. Decorate the chilled tray with berries and whipped cream.
12. Cut into slices, plate and serve as dessert.
Calories 598 Calories from Fat 345
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g60.1%
Saturated Fat 24 g119.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 197.1 mg65.7%
Sodium 231.2 mg9.6%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.4%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8%
Sugars 23.4 g
Protein 7 g14.7%
Vitamin A 21.6% Vitamin C 20%
Calcium 4.1% Iron 12.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet