1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. For the pie dough: In a bowl, add flour, sugar and salt and cut in 1/4 cup of butter and mix.
3. Slowly drizzle in some cold water and knead into a dough.
4. Add some flour to the cutting board or kitchen counter and roll out the dough using a rolling pin.
5. Roll the dough over the rolling pin and unfold into the pie tray and press in the sides.
6. Place a parchment paper over the pie and pour in a cup of black beans. Pop into the oven for 25 minutes.
7. For the lemon curd filling: In a double boiler, mix together the lemon juice, eggs and sugar. Make sure the eggs don't scramble and keep stirring until frothy.
8. Take off the stove and strain the mix.
9. Add the butter and lemon peel and mix together well. Let it sit until it reaches room temperature.
10. Pour the lemon curd filling into the prepared pie crust and let it chill.
11. Decorate the chilled tray with berries and whipped cream.
12. Cut into slices, plate and serve as dessert.
Things You Will Need
black beans to weigh down the parchment paper while baking the tart