Roquefort And Walnut Tart
|Frozen puff pastry sheets package||14 Ounce (400 Gram)|
|Shelled walnuts||7 Ounce (200 Gram)|
|Double cream||7 Fluid Ounce (200 Milliliter)|
|Roquefort cheese||7 Ounce (200 Gram)|
|Grated gruyere cheese||4 1⁄2 Ounce (130 Gram)|
|Grated nutmeg||1 Pinch|
|Butter||1⁄2 Ounce (10 Gram)|
|Egg yolk||1 (For The Glaze:)|
1. Thaw the pastry. Put aside 20 walnuts and finely chop the rest.
2. Mash the Roquefort to a puree with a fork, add the chopped walnuts and cream. Fold in the 4 eggs and grated Gruyere. Season with grated nutmeg and pepper.
3. Preheat the oven to 250°C (475°F; gas mark 9).
4. Roll out the pastry to a thickness of 5 mm (1/4 inch). Butter a pie dish, sprinkle it with flour and line it with the pastry. Prick the bottom and sides with a fork several times. Pour in the cheese mixture and brush the edges of the tart with a mixture of beaten egg yolk and a little water.
5. Bake 10 to 15 minutes, then garnish with the remaining walnuts. Reduce the heat to 170°C (325°F; gas mark 3) and bake for a further 30 minutes. Serve hot.