|Eggs||6 , beaten|
|Superfine caster sugar||12 Ounce (350 Gram, 1 1/2 Cups)|
|Butter||4 Ounce (115 Gram, 1/2 Cup)|
|Lemons||4 , rind grated and juiced|
|Icing sugar||1 Tablespoon (Confectioner'S, For Dusting)|
|All purpose flour||8 Ounce (Plain, 225 Gram, 2 Cups)|
|Butter||4 Ounce, diced (115 Gram, 1/2 Cup)|
|Icing sugar||30 Milliliter (Confectioner'S, 2 Tablespoon)|
|Vanilla essence||5 Milliliter (Extract, 1 Teaspoon)|
|Chilled water||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/ Gas 6. To make the pastry, sift the flour into a mixing bowl and rub or cut in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the icing sugar.
2. Add the egg, vanilla essence and most of the chilled water, then work to a soft dough. Add a few more drops of water if necessary. Knead quickly and lightly until smooth.
3. Roll out the pastry on a floured surface and use to line a 23cm/9in flan tin (quiche pan). Prick the base all over with a fork. Line with baking parchment and fill with baking beans. Bake the pastry case for 10 minutes. Remove the paper and beans and set the pastry case aside while you make the filling.
4. Put the eggs, sugar and butter into a pan, and stir over a low heat until all the sugar has dissolved. Add the lemon rind and juice, and continue cooking, stirring constantly, until the lemon curd has thickened slightly.
5. Pour the curd mixture into the pastry case. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the lemon curd filling is just set. Transfer the tart to a wire rack to cool. Dust the surface of the tart generously with icing sugar just before serving.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4573 Calories from Fat 1955
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 222 g341.1%
Saturated Fat 127.8 g639%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1968 mg656%
Sodium 527.3 mg22%
Total Carbohydrates 586 g195.5%
Dietary Fiber 17 g68.1%
Sugars 388.3 g
Protein 72 g144.4%
Vitamin A 148.8% Vitamin C 297.7%
Calcium 41.6% Iron 103.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet