Crunchy Apple Tart
|Plain flour||375 Milliliter|
|Castor sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Cold water||2 Tablespoon|
|For filling and topping|
|Green cooking apples||3|
|Brown sugar||125 Milliliter|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Tablespoon|
|Plain flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Walnut pieces||125 Milliliter|
1. Set oven temperature at 200-230°C (400-450°F).
2. Sieve flour into a mixing bowl. Add butter and rub in lightly with fingertips until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
3. Add sugar and egg yolk, mix well. Then add just enough water to bind dough together.
4. On a floured board, knead dough lightly.
5. Roll pastry out and carefully line a 23 cm (9 inch) flan ring or pie plate.
6. Trim edges with a knife and prick base with a fork to prevent pastry from rising.
Filling and Topping
7. Peel, core and slice apples; pack tightly into pastry case.
8. Melt butter over a low heat, add sugar, cinnamon, flour and walnut pieces; mix together.
9. Sprinkle topping over apples and bake tart in a hot oven for 30-35 minutes.
10. Serve hot or cold, by itself or with whipped cream or ice cream.